Sunday 7 October 2012

WoW - 2


‘Paradigm shift ‘can be fitted as most the appropriate term for my life. A person who was kind of workaholic or to be more precise loved to spend time in office finishing various assignments at the earliest  or just covering up for various other colleagues( who were on leaves) while handling their team members is now afraid of the word ‘going to work’ . Discussions about her second innings in professional arena after the maternity sabbatical initiates ‘anxiety pangs’ in her biological system now.

During six years of my professional life there were numerous days when I had spent almost 10-12 hours at work…and that too willingly!! I went to work even couple of days before my baby was born. No one ever assumed even when I was pregnant that I would leave my job & would be a full-time SAHM. But then I made my mind understand and took that difficult decision in my perfect senses….and believe me I am not at all repentant about it.

Initially we decided that I would leave my current job & take a break of around six months and would start searching job by March 2012. But, then my sister’s marriage got scheduled later this year. So we postponed the plan as being the only sibling my presence is quite inescapable in all the arrangements & functions…..and expecting & asking leave just after joining job is quite a turn-off for me. Throughout the whole course of discussion I remained torn between excitement to join work & anxious to leave back my baby at home.

However, I would like to admit here that somehow secretly I felt bit relaxed & happy to be able to spend more time with my kid. I hushed away all the anxiety & sloppy thoughts which hovered my mind whenever I thought about my li’l princess being alone with maid or in an alien environment of day-care. Akin to an Ostrich I denied the presence of storm by shoving my head in sand. I even dreaded to discuss this maid vs. daycare option with my spouse and slyly slipped away whenever he initiated the discussion.

But now, it seems that I can no longer avoid this scenario. Sister’s marriage would be over in November…….So I am waking up, now that September has ended.  I have to shake myself to be awake from my blissful dream to face the reality…..I cannot delay my job hunt more. This is turning out to be a tricky situation….. One part of me wants to join back the league pretty badly while the other part want to be with my kid all the time. I am not weighing any rationale behind this state of my mind……these are just pure ‘wants’ of my soul.

My mind is now taking over my heart and is waking up, now that September has ended. I have started extensive search for good daycare and a full-time maid after settling the required criteria with my hubby.  The next in pipeline is updating my resume in various job-portals. Along with all these search & researches my mind is conditioning my heart to be prepared for the forthcoming change & its twin sister turbulence. Let’s see how I am going to face it…..Kya kare Dil hai ki Maanta nahin!!!

I am so thankful to Blogadda for these topics of WoW which is helping me to blurt out my ramblings in form of blogging.
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

13 comments:

  1. I can so relate to all your thoughts NB.
    Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx a lot dear....i know even you are on a job hunt na!!

      Delete
  2. Hey nice post.. I think u took a right decision at the right time... and now when its time to join back.. hope u get the best job soon.. all d best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey welcome here....thnx a lot...keep visiting this space :-)

      Delete
  3. I am not sure what to suggest. Itz a compromise at both the end. Just wanted to tell you whatever you choose, be happy with your decision coz than only you can have a happy child (and family) back home. All the best NB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...being happy with the choice is the key word and this I had mentioned previously in my blog...Thnx a lot :-)

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with Sumita, do what u want to do... do not choose something halfheartedly. Also don't come in any sort of pressure... All the very best NB... u rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx a ton....I rock or not, I don't know but has started weighing like a rock :-)

      Delete
  5. I simply want to tell you that I am all new to blogging and honestly loved this web page. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog post . You definitely have remarkable stories. Thanks a bunch for sharing your web page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm when I read these dilemmas I feel truly blessed that my In laws are happily staying with us otherwise I too wud have felt this way. Not that I didn't feel bad when I had to leave Arnav at 7 months to resume my job but then I was happy that he will be with his grand parents and trust me it makes a hell lot of difference.

    May God give you strength :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parents or parents-in law staying together can be such a blessing...it does makes a difference...i get so concerned about leaving Mishti alone with someone else :-(

      Thanx :-)

      Delete