Friday 14 December 2012

Updates Unplugged...!!!


So, here I am back to my normal life. I might have cribbed about its monotonous routine in past but now I realize where my comfort zone lies. Past one month zipped away in my visit to Allahabad to be a part of my sister’s marriage. We came back to Gurgaon with huge baggage of marriage hangover. Although SG says ‘you now have fodder for almost 100 diverse posts in your blog’, I don’t feel like writing even a single word (Blogger’s block!!!!....ehhhh). But as so many changes are floating around in my life , I thought of jotting them down.
  • I came back with ailing Mishti who was down with fever, cough & cold. The chest congestion was real bad and gain she has to go through a dose of antibiotics. Doctor advised steam & nasal drops alongwith medicines, both of which next to impossible to be applied on Mishti.
  • We had a gala time in the marriage ceremonies. It was whacky tiresome to shop continuously for 10 days prior to that and still missing out few things on the D-day.
  • Had a first-hand experience to witness the difference between traditional planning & corporate planning in the event management of the wedding. The generation gap was evident and most of the time it was Me, SG & our cousins Vs or elders ( esp my dad)!
  • This wedding reinforced my thought-process about the big fat Indian wedding where money almost flows like water down the drain.
  • I managed to get ready on time on the D-day and was first time pretty satisfied with my look. It is not that I am any fashion freak….but I had this desire of looking presentable in my only sister’s marriage. Even SG was looking wow in traditional dhoti-kurta.
  • There is a Hindi proverb which says ‘ Sood asal se jyada pyara hota hai’ ( rough translation: The interest amount is more appealing than the principal amount!). Found this line quite true with this Allahabad trip when presence of Mishti diluted much past bitterness and even I received the unexpected wonderful behavior in some relationships.
  • Now, as we have planned I am gearing up for my job-hunt. The first step has been covered by hiring a full-time maid from a maid agency. The search for a nice daycare cum playschool is still on.
  • My new maid, daycare search & the wedding minutiae demand separate posts so I would soon do that.
  • Also, Mishti has added few more words to her vocabulary. This again needs another post….Ahhh poor girl …her mom is so lazy!!!
  • Gradually, Mishti is getting back to her normal self. Apart from ill-health she went a psychological change when after being surrounded by so many people all the time she had to be with only two of us here. As SG was not continuously with us there( he went with us came back then again went there before the marriage and came back in 4 days) so Mishti was more clingy to him & she stuck to him as if he might again vanish if she is not in his lap.
  • I am yet to write a review of a book from Blogadda and I am almost done with reading that. So expect a book review post soon.
  • Also, would like to apologize from my fellow bloggers on whose blog I was regular….I am back and would soon catch up with posts guys!!
  • My post was published in parentous.com. Read it here.
So, be prepared for an array of posts in blog. Happy blogging !!

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Nibedita!
    Yes, that's true, we may crib about your regular routine life but when that is disturbed, we long to go back to our routines.
    Hope the lil' one is fit and healthy! And looking forward to all the updates and stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx Shilpa...yeah is better now and getting back to her original self fast.

      Delete
  2. Great to have u back NB... Post the detailed updates soon.

    Hope Mishti gets well real soon. U take care and all the best with the job/maid/daycare search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx ZM...yeah rite now lots of stuff in my platter :-)

      Delete
  3. wow wow wow. Waiting for all the new blog post. Yes, I did miss u in this space :) and I must say it again, u looked fab on the wedding day. Demand for some more pics, NB.

    ReplyDelete